Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Home Health Aide for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.56, more depending on experience.
PeaceHealth is currently offering a one-time $1,500 sign-on bonus for newly hired caregivers.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position is responsible for performing personal care and household delegated tasks for home health/hospice patients and providing limited nursing care and therapy services to the patients under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse and may receive guidance from a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist as outlined in the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
- Perform patient care duties/tasks as outlined on the patient specific home health/hospice care plan.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; change non-sterile dressings; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; assist patient with taking oral medications as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may including: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; assistance with bed pans and/or urinals; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed. May assist with use of special equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchair, cane).
- Assist with meal preparations and/or feeding, change bed linen and perform light housekeeping when outlined on the patient’s care plan.
- Provide accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Takes prompt action in response to changes in patient’s health condition and notifies registered nurse/ therapist case manager and/or Patient Care Manager in a timely manner.
- Provides services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population; and given area of clinical specialty, skills and training, may also provide services to pediatric population.
- Effectively communicates with patients, caregivers, RN/therapist case manager, Patient Care Manager and other members of the inter/multidisciplinary team to assure an appropriate, quality and smooth flow of are/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provides accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of two years CNA and or Home Health Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital or home care setting required. Home Health experience is preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Nurse Aide certification as required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Ability to care for patients in a wide variety of environments
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Washington – Southwest:
- Food Handler’s card required at date of hire.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.