Come experience Ketchikan, Alaska - a friendly, family-oriented community in scenic Southeast Alaska, just an hour and a half flight from Seattle. Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, cultural art aficionados or for those seeking a small-town, leisure lifestyle. Enjoy the idyllic scenery, abundant wildlife, and great opportunities for hiking, fishing, boating. Entrance to the famed Inside passage, a network of waterways, Ketchikan is on an island accessible by jet or ferry. Excellent schools, and a strong local economy, the Ketchikan community boasts an incredibly rich, native culture. The southern tip of the panhandle calls itself the Salmon Capital of the World.
Just a few of the great things about Ketchikan:
- Housing with world class views! No matter where you live the views are sure to be extraordinary.
- USA Today named Ketchikan the "best city in Alaska to live," noting health outcomes, restaurants, bars, and tourism as some of the top reasons.
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in all the help they find getting settled in.
- It’s the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30lb King Salmon on your lunch break!
- Kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don’t forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island, too!
- Art and Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska’s beauty and cultural attributes. You’ll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- Enjoy incredible seafood cuisine: Not only is the salmon fresh, restaurants serve up some of the best halibut, crab, shrimp, oysters and clams- all of which are locally sourced.
- Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily.
- Monday-Friday clinic, average of 16 PPD
- Work with 2 other physicians and a high ratio of medical support staff
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- Primarily outpatient. Inpatient call duties include; ER & OB unit, coverage for newborns, post delivery care, patient management for MediVacs
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on medical mission teams in El Salvador
- Compensation up to MGMA 75%
- Voted as one of the best 150 healthcare organizations to work for via Becker's Hospital Review
For more information please contact Danny Keo: [email protected] or 360-729-1009
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of Southeast Alaska since 1923 with Ketchikan Medical Center, a 25-bed critical-access hospital offering comprehensive trauma care, outpatient and home health services, and a 29-bed long-term care facility. Primary and specialty medical care is provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group—Ketchikan and Prince of Wales Island. Our Trauma IV emergency department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, staffed by physicians who are independent contractors employed by National Emergency Services (NES).
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits! Click here for details
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.