Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Critical Access - Emergency for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 12 Hours.
The RN Critical Access is a team member who provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- May coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with the physicians and leadership in the delivery of patient care and problem solving within the department.
- Assures continuous patient care including, but not limited to, overseeing the stocking of supplies, medications, and patient care items; staff breaks and lunches; timeliness of patient flow throughout the department and ancillary departments.
- May perform limited x-ray examinations, point of care testing and other procedures as determined and will apply, appropriate infection control and radiation safety.
- Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives through gathering of data, staff education and monitoring utilizing the tools recommend by the organization.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Will be required to perform patient transport functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some call required.
- Must be available within 30 minutes of facility.
- Will perform environmental services, security assistance and emergency response duties as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Demonstrated competency to perform procedures as required.
- Minimum 2 years of recent RN experience in an Urgent Care or an Emergency Department setting including leadership responsibilities required.
- Non-Violent Crisis Interview (NVCI) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirement.
- Some postings may be for a training/residency position and the following criteria will apply to those postings: RN’s currently attached to a training or residency position within the department are eligible to apply.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, and Food Handler's Permit required at Date of Hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret clinic’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and medical center needs in decision making
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 33-66% of the time. Including standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work requires exposure to hazardous waste and/or chemicals including chemotherapy drugs. Work may require ability to manage violent or controllable persons
- Work is performed in high stress situations and may require use of PPE such as respirator, mask, gloves, gown, and mask. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail 34-65% of work time.
- Work may require rotating shifts and being on call for emergent staffing needs.
Referral Bonus Eligible
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.