Job ID: 485
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
* The person in this role may be seated in Vancouver, Washinton; Bellingham, Washington or Springfield, Oregon.
PeaceHealth is seeking an Informaticist - Sacred Heart Medical Center for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Utilizes Informatics methodologies to analyze, design, validate, test, and maintain all workflows for caregiver interactions with the EHR, and other electronic solutions as appropriate. Facilitates and leads/ supports continual optimization and ensures standardization of clinical content and workflows across the entire system; serves as the leader and key point of contact between the clinical arena and internal technology departments/ vendors.
1. Leads the identification and design of consistent workflows and content with clinical stakeholders while promoting standardization, critical decision-making and helping ensure adoption of electronic solutions across the entire PeaceHealth system.
2. Participates in collaboration with internal Technology Solution Partners (TSP) team in the design, building, testing, and implementation of all electronic applications to support the financial goals of the organization.
3. Identifies opportunities to replace redundant and/ or manual processes with automated solutions; updates published workflows as appropriate.
4. Promotes an evidence-based practice model for workflow design and electronic systems throughout the organization.
5. Participates in the development of training materials through collaboration with internal Learning and Development team; integrating workflows into the training of all caregivers.
6. Establishes, facilitates and maintains communication between all teams of caregivers, TSP/ other internal resources and vendors to interpret and convey information as appropriate.
7. Facilitates/ participates in EHR optimization/ CDI via PeaceHealth’s System Governance Model.
8. Provides ongoing analysis of EHR system/ workflow design for patient quality and safety; ensures clinical excellence by identifying workflow gaps in response to reported issues; updates published workflows as appropriate.
9. Facilitates/ participates on EHR upgrade teams, including decision making and prioritization on new functionality and workflows; updates published workflows as appropriate.
10. Ensures that the EHR, and other electronic solutions as appropriate, comply with legal and regulatory standards.
11. Engages/ collaborates with clinical operations across the PeaceHealth system to ensure direct patient caregivers influence on EHR/technology decisions, workflow, content and system design and implementation training and/or communication.
12. Provides ongoing standardized workflow reinforcement across the entire PeaceHealth System.
13. Performs other duties as required and/ or assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare discipline such as nursing, informatics, healthcare administration, communications, business administration, or other health care related field, or equivalent combination of education and/ or experience.
·Minimum of three years’ experience in a healthcare discipline such as nursing, direct patient care, clinical leadership, ancillary clinical specialty, or related technical experience and/ or a combination of education and experience.
·Experience supporting operations in an electronic healthcare environment or may have equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
·Knowledge and understanding of related protocols, hardware documentation and systems applications.
·Knowledge of the healthcare system, and the differing patient care processes within its settings.
·Knowledge of the principles and methodologies of process improvement.
·Epic experience preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: CPHIMS, ANIA or other informatics certification preferred. Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained related area as required by State preferred.
·RN Strongly preferred.
·Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly and report out empirical data in an accurate and organized manner.
·Strong analysis/problem solving and critical thinking; excellent computer skills with and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, etc.).
·Strong leadership, facilitation and teaching skills.
·Understanding of the principles of project management, including documentation and communication.
·Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
·Proven ability to work independently prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the community please visit our homepage: www.careers.peacehealth.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.