PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Cardiovascular - Cath Lab for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.98, more depending on experience.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This Position is Offering up to a 5K Sign-On Bonus!
Provide patient care by assessing, analyzing, planning, implementing and evaluating patients following the nursing process and established standards. Participate as a member of the healthcare team by communicating and documenting pertinent patient information and providing patient and family teaching.
- Perform and document age-appropriate assessment, including patient/family level of participation and ability to perform care according to identified standards. Assess bio-psycho-social status, economic, environmental, cultural, spiritual, community and other factors affecting the patient’s optimal health. Establish and maintain a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health team members including individualized interventions, goals, outcomes and education and modifying or continuing plan based on the patient response.
- Provide scrub assistance to physician during invasive procedures. Monitor and assess ECG and blood pressure and demonstrate CPR defibrillation technique. Assist with electrophysiology, mapping and ablation procedures as assigned. Perform limited blood testing and reporting results. Position radiology equipment for cardiac cases. Implement nursing and medical interventions using appropriate resources, skills and knowledge. Make appropriate referrals and provide patient and family teaching to facilitate desired patient outcomes. Evaluate effects of care provided and identify changes in patient condition.
- Communicate and document interventions, patient responses in accordance with standards. Utilize recognized organization communication standard. Keep abreast of and comply with departmental and organizational changes and events through reading appropriate communications and attending unit and assigned meetings.
- Administer medicines and narcotics ensuring compliance with medication administration policies and procedures. Demonstrate understanding of effects/side effects and combination effects of medications. Resolve medication discrepancies as they occur.
- Delegate only those tasks that are appropriate within the scope of practice of other healthcare providers. Retain the responsibility and accountability for the nursing care of the patient.
- Identify patient and family teaching needs. Involve appropriate family members in teaching. Utilize available education resources. Assist with the orientation and training of technical and clerical staff.
- Follow radiation safety and universal precaution protocols and report liabilities. Monitor equipment operation and make authorized adjustments and report malfunctions and maintenance needs.
- Actively participate in 24/7 call coverage. Respond to emergent calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum two years critical care or inpatient cardiology nursing experience within the last 10 years required. Or minimum of 5 years critical care or inpatient cardiology nursing experience required.
- Minimum one year of cardiovascular lab nursing experience required.
- Experience with electrophysiology procedures preferred (or equivalent education and/or experience).
- Experience with cardiac vasoactive intravenous medication required.
- Minimum of two years cardiovascular cath lab experience required for relief posting.
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required upon hire.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).