PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Labor & Delivery for a Per Diem/Relief, Night shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.61, more depending on experience.
Why Choose PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Medical Center?
- Full-service critical access hospital serving rural communities in Lane County, Oregon
- Recognized as Leader in Patient Safety Improvement (OPSC)
- Named one of the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in America (iVantage Health Analytics)
- State-of-the-art technology with continued expansion across all departments
- Competitive salary, very generous shift differentials, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance
- Florence, Oregon is a coastal town boasting culture, beautiful natural surroundings, an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, and exceptional schools! Florence is known for its breathtaking beaches, rolling sand dunes, lakes, and picturesque historic downtown. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Oregon RN license required by date of hire.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years Labor & Delivery/post partum/newborn experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- NRP at date of hire
- AWHONN Basic and Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements or upon hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.