PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist - Medical for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $30.57, more depending on experience.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic impacting our community, PeaceHealth is readily accepting applications to address the critical needs facing our hospital and community.If you are a Respiratory Therapist, PeaceHealth would like to hear from you as we strive to meet the growing demand.
By applying, you will be considered to fill urgent staffing needs at PeaceHealth Southwest.If your skillset meets our needs, we will be in touch.Thank you for offering to aide your community during the COVID-19 response.
Join our mission today as our caregivers’ band together in service of those in need!
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
- 1.Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
- 2.Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings.Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- 3.Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- 4.Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and work-shops, as requested by Manager.
- 5.Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
- 6.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
- Washington caregivers who were employed as of 6/29/2014 that are licensed RCP but are not registry eligible due to the educational requirement (e.g. began working as a respiratory therapist when a 2-year degree was not required/available) will be grandfathered for this requirement.
- Must maintain RRT certification (e.g. CEU’s, etc.); exceptions for RCP’s noted above.Please note may obtain within 6 months of hire to obtain it, per language above under Education section allowing 6 months from date of hire to pass the RRT exam.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:Hospital or Sleep Center setting:
- Minimum of two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
- Experience in ICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a pulmonary function lab preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Must be able to set up, operate, and trouble shoot all respiratory or pulmonary function related equipment, as applicable, in a quick and efficient manner.
- Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
- Good time management skills
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Additional Essential Functions of RTs in Hospital (inpatient):
- May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
- Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidences based setting with appropriate changes.
- May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.