Environmental Service Attendant I
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 423
Location: Bellingham, WA
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area following established policies and procedures. Also, responsible for performing other miscellaneous housekeeping duties such as replenishing supplies.
- Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures.This may include dusting; mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies; washing and making beds.
- May set up furniture in conference rooms.
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job.Clean and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Minimum of one year formal housekeeping experience preferred; experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid driver’s license.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Technician (EST) assignment.