PeaceHealth is seeking a System VP Home and Community for a Full Time, Day position.
Serves as the senior leader accountable for Home Health, Hospice, Home Infusion and Palliative care strategic direction, clinical operations and quality throughout PeaceHealth, ensuring program deliverables align with the PeaceHealth mission and values, creating a culture of excellence with a focus on patient, provider and caregiver experience. In collaboration with PeaceHealth senior leaders will develop long and short-term business strategies and operational plans driving increased service and experience to our patients. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for PeaceHealth programs across multiple states. Ensures that divisional leaders are implementing key objectives, maintains high standards of direct care and conducts ongoing monitoring and management of operations. Oversight for network budget preparations and monitoring strategic direction as it pertains to program growth, project planning, service quality and leadership and staff development.
- Promotes and achieves operational and financial performance through strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation in collaboration with key operational partners. Directs the strategic direction, growth, and management of Home Health/Hospice, Infusion and Palliative care ensuring services align with organizational patient experience goals and consumer experience expectations. Maintains partnerships with key stakeholders such as executives, leadership, project sponsors, both at the system, network, and community level.
- Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical short and long-term goals and objectives focusing on clinical outcomes, value, quality and experience. Directs the clinical performance of all Home Health/Hospice Infusion and Palliative care delivery models and ensures all operational units are aligned with PeaceHealth strategic goals.
- Ensures that all state and federal laws and regulations are followed by all Home Health/Hospice, Infusion and Palliative care entities. Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining opinions from legal counsel; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures quality patient care is consistently delivered in accordance with all local, state and federal guidelines as well as the Joint Commission regulations and standards and PeaceHealth quality targets.
- Consults with executive leadership teams across PeaceHealth and other key operational and clinical leaders to inform and support organizational planning and development of programs, services, systems and other functions which will assist patient care providers and the caregiver teams to deliver the best care and experience to PeaceHealth patients and enhances the consumer experience.
- Collaborates with operations, clinical services and Technology Solution Partners (TSP) related to EMR structure, functionality, optimization for Home Health, Hospice, Infusion and Palliative care services and how those components translate and impact the consumer experience.
- Assesses the leadership team’s skills, workloads, performance and development needs and assigns projects accordingly.Establishes performance metrics and goals for team.Supervises, coaches, and mentors’ staff and participates in recruiting key roles. Will create and lead a culture of excellence within the service areas with an emphasis and caregiver and provider experience and retention.
- Participates in creating and managing departmental budgets, staffing plans, recruitment, and participates in annual budget planning.
- Provides strategic, operational and financial leadership to foster a vibrant organization responsive to consumer demands for access, cost and quality.Aligns system-wide ambulatory services and resources to develop a patient centered mindset and standard of care.
- 1Develops a value driven organizational culture promoting positive, highly engaged, collaborative relationships among the various participants, network and system leadership, medical staff, partners, and payers aligned on a standard approach to ambulatory service/care excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Master’s Degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 10 years healthcare leadership experience required.
- Significant operating success in a healthcare leadership role required with area of focus in Home Health, Hospice, Palliative Care and Home Infusion services.
- Experience with managing complex programs and projects, specifically with a focus on customer service, service excellence and patient experience activities.
- Experience with proven positive outcomes regarding financial sustainability initiatives and demonstrated successful completion of quality improvement projects with desired outcomes.
- Board Certification in the American College of Healthcare Executives highly desired (FACHE)
- Business acumen and negotiating skills in a highly complex, matrixed environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, and ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, understanding the needs of different audiences and stakeholders.
- Collaborative leader with a demonstrated track record in working with all
- Knowledgeable of Home Health/Hospice operations, state and federal regulations and compliance. levels of management and skilled in managing team dynamics.
- Competencies in team building, conflict management, problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Ability to manage complex functions and activities and deal with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to engage multiple constituencies with dignity and respect.
- Understanding, commitment, and role model to PeaceHealth’s mission, values, and leadership model.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.