PeaceHealth is seeking a EKG Technician for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.63, more depending on experience.
Operates electrocardiograph equipment (which may include treadmill tests, ECGs, Holter monitors, etc) to record the electromotive variations in heart muscle to provide data for diagnosis of heart ailments.
- Performs EKGs, and may perform Holter monitors, event monitors and ambulatory blood pressure monitors on patient.
- Processes and edits EKGs.
- Charts confirmed EKGs. Records and files information related to tests performed.
- Cleans, adjusts and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of related experience preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification as a Cardiographic Technician with 3 years of hire preferred.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Effective communication skills
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- One year prior direct patient care experience required.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.