PeaceHealth is seeking a Radiology Technologist for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.51, more depending on experience.
Prepares for and performs standard x-ray examinations, and may perform fluoroscopic procedures. Performs portable examinations and may perform surgical x-ray procedures. Utilizes proper positioning and selection of appropriate technical factors using various radiographic equipment to obtain optimal results.
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination.Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Performs x-ray examinations applying appropriate infection control and radiation safety measures.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- May perform surgical x-ray examinations, will utilize appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year of experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI).Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- ARRT eligible, ARRT(R) certification required within 6 months of hire.May work under OBMI Temporary license pending ARRT certification.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.