PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Neurology for a Part Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.98, more depending on experience.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- BSN preferred. Specialty certification preferred.
- New graduate or experienced RN (or equivalent education and/or experience).
- 3 years acute care nursing experience or 1 year neuro experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required at date of hire.
- NIHSS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Certified Neuro RN (CNRN) certification preferred.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- See community specific notes for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Southwest Medical Center:
- Neurology and Resource Pool – Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes.
- Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen.
- Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles.
- Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.