PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Cardiology for a Per Diem/Relief, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending on experience.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school/college of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency by successfully passing EKG test.
- New grad or experienced RN.
- Some job postings may require an experienced RN.
- Experience is defined as minimum 1 year acute care experience as an RN in the past 3 years (or equivalent education and/or experience).
- Must have completed basic EKG course within 6 months and advanced EKG course within 12 months of hire.
- This position may be for a specific business line that may require special skills, knowledge and/or experience as specified in the job posting:
- Heart Failure: In addition to the above requirement, minimum 1 year cardiac nursing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.