PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgery Scheduler - Cardiology for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.99, more depending on experience.
Responsible for assisting physician offices in the scheduling of surgical procedures for patients while providing the Surgical Services division, PFS, Anesthesiology and other required departments with required information.
- Completes the scheduling process by coordinating surgery department (hospital or ambulatory surgery center) and physician offices’ needs.This includes:communicating with physician offices to assure scheduling system is accurate: ensuring the schedule is completed in a timely manner ahead of surgery date; documenting block release times for block utilization reports.
- Schedules surgery visits as required.
- Arranges cases to assure maximum effectiveness of schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of three years related experience in a healthcare setting or three years progressive secretarial experience in healthcare required.
- Previous experience in a surgical ambulatory care or acute care setting and/or a scheduling position preferred.
- Experience in CareCast/Flow Cast preferred.
- Self motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.Experience with scheduling programs preferred.
- Detail oriented and good problem solving skills.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Alaska Perioperative Services
- Provides diverse clerical and/or administrative support.
- May call caregivers in from On-Call.
- Provide clerical support for transcription and medical records maintenance
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.