PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Technician for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.48, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for performing direct patient care activities within his/her scope of practice under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician in the Emergency Department.
- Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care:receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member.Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program, Medical Assistant program or EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) program*.
- Minimum of one year work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or EMT required.
- Prior acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Washington:Current Nursing Assistant certification in the state of Washington or Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant Phlebotomist
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Completion of ED specific competency based education
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
*Washington:If hired prior to October 1, 1997, may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the state of Washington.
- Requires either Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) plus Medical Assistant – Phlebotomist (MAPWA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) at time of hire.
- ED Technician assigned to the ED Seclusion department must obtain phlebotomist (MAPWA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) within 12 months of hire.
- ED Technician assigned to the ED Seclusion Department 1 year in-patient psychiatric experience preferred.
PHSW - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.