This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1290
Location: Bellingham, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: 10 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Oncology - Infusion Center for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $34.45, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the ambulatory setting in compliance with standards of professional nursing and oncology specialty practice.Coordinates and manages care across the continuum for current and at-risk needs related to effects of cancer and its treatment.Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes evaluating patients’ condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, wound/skin care, and other nursing procedures.
2. Coordinates scheduling of complex care, oversees timely flow of patients, and accurately reports complete information for payment authorization and billing.
3. Applies specialized knowledge of chemotherapy, radiation and other cancer therapies.May require mixing/administering of antineoplastic medications and initiation/management of peripheral and central venous access devices.
4. Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition and response to treatment to physicians. Recognizes and responds to signs/symptoms of drug reactions or other oncologic emergencies.
5. Communicates with friends and family of patients receiving treatment regarding chemotherapy medications, side effects, and schedule treatment calendar.
6. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
7. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
8. Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
ST JOSEPH - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.