PeaceHealth Homecare Southwest is looking for dynamic, creative and dedicated Occupational Therapists to join our growing program.
If you are an OT who believes that therapy is about optimizing the functional mobility and independence of your patients while helping them learn to manage their health, and that home is the best place to accomplish these goals then we would like to hear from you.
Leading the way in Value Based Purchasing (VBP), Washington is one of nine states nationally, navigating the quality-outcome-based reimbursement initiative introduced by CMS in 2015.
Through hard-work and dedication, we are proud of our 4-star rating! We are committed to providing safe and compassionate care to our neighbors throughout Clark & Cowlitz County, Washington.
We invite you to get onboard. Become a leader in your profession, focus on functional rehabilitation, become an effective case manager, help develop best practice guidelines and become a trail-blazer in the “Healthcare at Home” movement…which is the future the healthcare.
This position is primarily responsible for providing coverage in Cowlitz County, with additional support in Clark County as needed.
Occupational Therapists participate in the evaluation and treatment of patients, determining plan-of-care and treatment goals appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Evaluates assigned patients, gathers data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation, and team members. Performs initial evaluation of patient/home and applies criteria to determine if patient is a safe candidate for home care/hospice occupational therapy services.
- Participates personally in the evaluation and treatment of patients, and establishes a treatment plan and goal for each patient.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional gatherings as indicated by the manager.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients.Acts as liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records.
- Recommends and develops new services and programs in collaboration with staff.
- May work with OT student affiliation programs.
- May supervise COTAs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS, Masters, or doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college required.
- One year experience as Occupational Therapist preferred.
- General knowledge of field and ability to utilize library resource appropriately.
- Home Health experience preferred.
- Certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) preferred
- Certified, licensed or registered as required by State in which performs clinical practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patient’s condition and exercise independent judgment
SOUTHWEST - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.