RN Trauma Coordinator - Emergency Department
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1808
Location: Florence, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Trauma Coordinator - Emergency Department for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.68, more depending on experience.
Working in conjunction with the Trauma Program and Medical Director, the Trauma Nurse Coordinator is responsible for the organization of services and systems necessary for the multidisciplinary approach throughout the continuum of trauma care. Maintenance of State Trauma Survey certification in place of ACS.
- Coordinates trauma care management including planning and implementing of clinical protocols/practice management guidelines monitoring care of in-hospital patients and serving as a resource for clinical practice. Assists staff in problem-solving relating to the care of trauma patient.
- Responds to Emergency Department for all trauma activations when in-house and as requested by Emergency Department.Participates in clinical rounds and patient care follow up.
- Attends, participates and coordinates Trauma Program Meetings (including multidisciplinary meetings, case review and M&M).Assists in compilation and presenting of routine mortality and morbidity review of trauma patients for trauma committee. Compiles reviews and audits all trauma death summaries and autopsies with the Trauma Medical Director and the Trauma Committee.
- Coordinates patient care with attending physicians, consulting physicians, rehab staff, dietary staff, nursing staff, etc.
- Coordinates and facilitates quality assurance activities relating to trauma care from pre-hospital through discharge.Responsible for identification, documentation, and resolution of all progress improvement issues.
- Responsible for document preparation and other requirements, including maintenance, of ACS verification.Supervises initial injury registry data collection for the trauma registry.
- Develops collaborative relationships with staff in all departments to facilitate cooperation and support for the trauma program.Fosters good public relations for the hospital trauma program.Acts as a liaison for the hospital with community and regional EMS providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience in direct care of trauma patients in a critical care setting required.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse license required by date of hire.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS and TNCC required at date of hire.
- ENPC or PALS required at date of hire.
- Ability to analyze complex data from medical records and enter it into 'trauma registry tool' and databases.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
PEACE HARBOR PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.