PeaceHealth Homecare Southwest is looking for dynamic, creative and dedicated Physical Therapists to join our growing program.
If you are a PT who believes that therapy is about optimizing the functional mobility and independence of your patients while helping them learn to manage their health, and that home is the best place to accomplish these goals then we would like to hear from you.
Leading the way in Value Based Purchasing (VBP), Washington is one of nine states nationally, navigating the quality-outcome-based reimbursement initiative introduced by CMS in 2015.
Through hard-work and dedication, we are proud of our 4-star rating! We are committed to providing safe and compassionate care to our neighbors throughout Clark & Cowlitz County, Washington.
We invite you to get onboard. Become a leader in your profession, focus on functional rehabilitation, become an effective case manager, help develop best practice guidelines and become a trail-blazer in the “Healthcare at Home” movement…which is the future the healthcare.
This position will cover a weekend day (either Tuesday-Friday OR Sunday-Thursday).
Establishes and implements physical therapy plans of care in collaboration with Physician.Administers therapy treatments to patients with physical disabilities resulting from injury, disease or surgery. Uses techniques such as heat, electricity, water, muscle manipulation, massage and exercise.Responsible for the evaluation of patients and following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
- Provides individualized therapy treatment in accordance with plan of care.
- Makes recommendations for relative content and scope of therapy services and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Recommends and develops new therapy services and programs in collaboration with staff.
- Shares expertise with other health care professionals. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to ensure smooth, continuous care of patients. Acts as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staff to facilitate problem solving, coordination of services and acts as an educational resource.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely and within professional standards.
- May spend minimal time to assist with evaluating and orienting new caregivers and making recommendations to management regarding equipment and space needs related to physical therapy functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Physical Therapy or closely related field (foreign equivalent accepted).
- General knowledge of field and ability to utilize library resource appropriately
- Previous experience as a Physical Therapist is preferred.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapist license from the state Physical Therapy Licensing Board specific to location of practice
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patient’s condition and exercise independent judgment to implement life-sustaining action
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.