This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1503
Location: Eugene, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: Other
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative in Urgent Care. Hourly compensation starts at $16.67, more depending on experience.
This is a part time position working 5 days per week. The position works every weekend. Hours are 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM in the following 2 week pattern:
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
* Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
* Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
* May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
* Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co-pay (including collections of monies), co-insurance, for scheduled appointment/procedure, etc.
* Responds to customer’s inquiries.
* Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorizations and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
* Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
-One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
-Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
-Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
-Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
-Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
-Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
-Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
-Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
-Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
-Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
-Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.