RN Unit Coordinator - Urgent Care
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1144
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Unit Coordinator in Urgent Care for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $36.99, more depending on experience.
The RN Unit Coordinator is a team member in a leadership capacity under the direction of the Clinic Manager.Responsibilities include: assisting the Clinic Manager in coordinating unit activities which assure optimal patient care; supporting and directing staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.Assures professional nursing care is provided for all patients according to established standards and practices.
- Is a visible leader and works directly with the manager to assure a healing environment for patients, family and staff.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with the clinic providers and Clinic Manager in the delivery of patient care and problem solving within the department.
- Oversees the flow of the department to assure continuous patient care including, but not limited to, overseeing the stocking of supplies, medications, and patient care items; staff breaks and lunches; timeliness of patient flow throughout the department and ancillary departments.
- Acts as a resource on procedures and standards.Monitors staff compliance.Assists with staff orientation.
- Collaborates with other departments in meeting the needs of patient, families and other healthcare providers.
- Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives through gathering of data, staff education and monitoring utilizing the tools recommend by the organization.
- Assists and directs the delivery of direct patient care.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- May assist the manager/director in the annual performance assessment process.May serves as a coach and mentor to staff who are working on performance improvement plans.
- Participates in the development and revisions of unit specific policies, procedures and protocols and facilitates the online availability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ nursing experience preferred.
- Emergency Department, urgent care or acute care experience preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret clinic’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and clinic needs in decision making
- Demonstrated interest in staff development.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
PHMG PHYSICAL-COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.