This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1933
Location: Florence, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Behavioral Health for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.57, more depending on experience.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
* Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
* Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
* May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
* May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
* May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
* May transport specimens.
* Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
* Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
* Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
* Must have current Medical Assistant National certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire.
* Must meet qualifications and perform essential functions of Diagnostic Technician job profile in addition to those for the Medical Assistant.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Basic Life Support
* National Medical Assistant Certification
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily. (Certain locations may) Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). (Certain locations may) Requires the use of an N-95 mask Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.