PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Hospice House for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $34.45, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to hospice/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient’s long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.
- Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide’s care plan according to the patient’s evolving personal are needs.
- Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
- Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement services for the following patient death.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one year home health or hospice nursing experience required; hospice experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Whatcom Hospice House:
- Requires Food Handler’s Permit.
- RN’s in Hospice are a part of the WSNA bargaining unit.
- One year of RN experience required not limited to home health, hospice or inpatient.
- For Hospice RN positions that will perform Charge Nurse assignments, one year of recent hospice nursing is required and previous Hospice Charge Nursing is preferred.
ST. JOSEPH – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.