PeaceHealth is seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant - Acute Therapy for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.27, more depending on experience.
Responsible for carrying out the physical therapy plan of care, toward patient-specific goals, under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Provides treatment to restore function, prevent disability and assist patients to achieve optimal levels of functional status. Provides oversight to students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
- Under the supervision of the physical therapist, provides skilled physical therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the plan of treatment.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients.May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to physical therapy assistant students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant associate degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board.For positions in Oregon, a temporary permit is acceptable under the rules set forth by the Oregon State Board of Physical Therapy.A temporary permit shall be allowed for a period not to exceed three months.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and exercise independent judgment
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.