PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Transfer Center Coordinator - Nursing Support for a Part Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.68, more depending on experience.
Responsible for managing and coordinating: all aspects of incoming direct admissions and patient transfer requires at a 24-hour operation transfer center including bed management as well as outgoing transfers from Network facilities.Acts as a liaison for referring entities (e.g. physicians, hospitals, other care providers) seeking to refer, consult, and/or transfer into the Network.
- Coordinates multiple processes to include connecting the referring entities with the appropriate service request and facilitates the conversation to coordinate care/referral/consultation or transfer within the Network.
- Initiates protocols to include current knowledge of hospital protocols including but not limited to STEMI, Stroke, and Trauma for inter-facility transfers, operations, service lines, patient care policies and procedures.
- Facilitates and coordinates all inter- and intra-hospital transfers, ED admissions and direct admits to allow for streamline, efficient patient flow and throughput.
- Facilitates and coordinates communications between transferring and accepting physicians and for consultation between physicians including between multiple disciplines (i.e. Nursing, Ancillary, physicians, patient/families/community members
- Utilizes multi-line telephones, integrated transfer center software and web paging systems to facilitate conference call with referring entities/providers and PeaceHealth providers.
- Documentation and maintenance of all transfer information and communications.
- Facilitates and coordinates all inpatient bed management for Network utilizing a comprehensive, integrated bed management software program.
- Interfaces with House Supervisors, Staffing, Management and Administration to assess facility capacities and capabilities including service line availability.
- Maintains the all physician call schedules for Network.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of and responsive to the state and federal laws/regulations to ensure compliance with EMTALA and regulatory standards which affect his/her practice.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of infection prevention, risk management and emergency preparedness.
- Facilitate communications with nursing units, mortuaries, Medical Examiner, next of kin, morgue and spiritual care regarding in-house expirations.Maintain the hospital death log.Coordinate release of deceased with ancillary facilities (i.e. Lions Eye Bank and Community Tissue Bank).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of two years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital required.
- Previous leadership (i.e. Charge Nurse, Facilitator) experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Commitment and demonstration of superior service excellence skills.
- Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function as a team player and work with a wide variety of people.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and reports.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Whatcom Region:This position is an extension to the role of House Supervisor role in coordinating bed placements for PH-SJMC, PH-UGMC, and PH-PIMC.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.