Supervisor, Sterile Processing
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1447
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking candidates for a Sterile Processing Supervisor position at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, WA. In this full-time exempt position you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the Sterile Processing department under the direction of the Manager of Sterile Processing.
- Oversees daily workflow to ensure service standards are met and to ensure staff consistently follows standard job expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates work assignments and oversees monthly schedule.
- Serves as a resource to staff for issues surrounding instrumentation and sterilization.
- Participates in the hiring selection process., staff evaluations and disciplinary processes.
- Collaborates with management to develop and implement policies, procedures and the business work plans for the department.
- Provides leadership and supervisory guidance in quality improvement efforts. May be asked to lead quality initiatives.
- Maintains and reports required regulatory records and quality assurance reports.
- Collaborates effectively with the Instrument Coordinator to assure seamless flow of surgical supplies and instruments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
National Sterile Processing/Distribution Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD or other nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Minimum of two years experience in sterile processing required.
- Knowledge of sterile processing and regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience with Neuro, Ortho, and General Surgical instrumentation.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Understands facility standards and practice guidelines as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ability to lead teams and delegate assignments.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.