PeaceHealth St. John's Medical Center in Longview is seeking a MRI Technologist for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation is $37.85 - $65.35; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Responsible for performing all routine and specialized MRI procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination.Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems. Recognizes and ensures additional study and examination techniques are applied when abnormalities are present.
- Operates MRI scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies the ACR Guidance Document for Safe MR Practices to ensure patient, visitor and caregiver safety.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required or equivalent education and/or experience as required for obtaining certification/license/registration as required by State for clinical practice.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of radiologic and MRI terminology, practices, procedures, physiology, and human cross sectional anatomy.
- Demonstrated competency in computer based programs as they relate to MR applications.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- One of the following is required at date of hire: ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist, ARRT (MR) certification, Registered Ultrasound Sonographer ARDMS, Nuclear Medicine Technologist with CNMT or ARRT (N), or ARMRIT certification.
- Advanced ARRT (MR) certification or ARMRIT certification is required within 18 months of hire.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
For a complete description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.