PeaceHealth is seeking a Cardiac Sonographer - Echocardiology for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.51, more depending on experience.
Responsible for performing diagnostic and special procedures ultrasonography in accordance with established policies and procedures.Must use independent judgment in applying knowledge of clinical cardiology, acoustic imaging technology, and problem-solving skills to optimize the echocardiographic evaluation, tailoring and expanding the exam to ensure comprehensiveness and diagnostic accuracy.
- Performs prescribed ultrasound procedures using a variety of equipment to get preliminary echocardiographic measurements. Must be competent at the performance of adult echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography and contrast studies.
- Must follow department imaging protocols, appropriately acquire all echocardiographic measurements per protocol, create digital preliminary reports for the interpreting physician, and verbally communicate preliminary findings to the interpreting physician when necessary.
- Prepare, supply and equip ultrasound rooms to meet specific cardiologist and physician requirements for procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a CAAHEP accredited diagnostic ultrasound program required. A minimum six months full-time cardiac internship strongly preferred.
- One year experience as cardiac sonographer preferred.
See below for state requirements.
- ARDMS eligibility, Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) is required; ARDMS PE or ADRMS AE may be considered if working with the specified patient care population and as approved by department leadership.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Computer experience required.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- New Graduates have one year to obtain registration through ARDMS, must be ARDMS eligible upon date of hire.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active, physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.