Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth seeks an experienced Director - Acute Care Nursing
Join us in breathtaking Ketchikan AK, the salmon capital of the world!
We are seeking a Director of Acute Care Nursing to provide leadership and a professional nursing practice environment while ensuring exceptional medicine and compassionate care is delivered.
This position reports directly to our VP Acute Care Services position.
You will have 6-direct Manager reports, with approx. 100 FTE’s total:
- ED Mgr.
- Sleep Lab Mgr.
- Social Services Mgr.
- ICU Mgr.
- Med/Surg Mgr.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving our community of just over 8,000 permanent residents. This number swells into the 10’s of 1,000’s during the Summer Cruise-ship months, as we are a first stop.
- Promoting change, facilitating redesign, and implementing systems and processes to maintain compliance with regulatory standards and accreditation within all programs and clinical units.
- Developing effective interdisciplinary relationships with medical staff.
- Ensuring that clinical support services are coordinated and creating an environment that supports caregivers, enhances growth, communication, and job satisfaction.
- Leading our Nursing Management staff to continued excellence.
- On your off days….fishing…hiking…kayaking…camping…boating…did we mention the fishing?
What you’ll bring:
- Previous/Current Director Acute Care experience.
- Minimum of a BSN, with an MSN preferred.
- Minimum of 5-years progressively responsible nursing leadership.
- Current RN licensure in AK.
Who we are:
Our Ketchikan Medical Center is a 25-bed Critical Access Center with the following:
- PeaceHealth is a faith-based 10-Hospital System in the Pacific Northwest, providing whole person care to Alaska, Oregon, and Washington since 1890.
- As a Healthcare system we are pursuing the Magnet Journey, with our Ketchikan Medical Center having attained the “Pathway to Excellence” designation in 2020.
- New Horizons 29-bed LTC center attached.
- Full on-site Lab, working directly with Northwest Pathology.
- Newly built, from the ground up (2018), 4-suite OR.
- Fully equipped Diagnostic Imaging Lab.
- Full Clinic services including Women’s Health, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, BH and Primary Care.
BENEFITS – What’s in it for you:
- Robust Benefits package: Full Medical, Dental, Vision & Retirement.
- Relocation Assistance – enough to cover bringing your belongings up on the Barge!
- Initial 3-months housing provided.
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential.
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education.
- Be part of an Inclusive, Mission-driven company culture.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.