PeaceHealth is seeking Registered Nurses with emergency nursing experience for full-time roles at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this position you will work three 12-hour night shifts each week in our busy 37 bed emergency department with level III trauma center.
We offer you:
- $5000 Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Great compensation and benefits package
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system
- A hospital on the Pathways to Excellence Journey
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 180-bed acute care medical center serving a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- May assist with Trauma case review in conjunction with the Trauma Registrar and/or Trauma Coordinator
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- At least two years recent Emergency experience required, other experience may be considered for part of this experience.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and trauma patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current WA State Registered Nurse license at date of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by date of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
- PALS or ENPC within one year of hire
- TNCC within one year of hire
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.