Job ID: 1470
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Communications Operator - Switchboard for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.48, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible facilitating communications through appropriate operation of one or all of the following: the telephone console (switchboard); physician answering service; overhead paging; two-way radios; and pager system.
1. Operate a telephone console (switchboard), directing incoming operator-assisted and outgoing calls to appropriate individual, departments and outside contacts; respond to emergency codes; dispatch security; provide information to people in lobby. May also be required to notify by overhead, two-way radio and beeper system. Overhead paging as requested.
2. Extend and respond appropriately to all calls, codes, alarm panels and disaster plans wherever needed.
3. May be required to operation physician’s answering service and handle trouble reports by working directly with the physicians.
4. Additional duties may include: announcements as needed, assisting with directories, keying in daily telephone statistics, saying the evening prayer, announcing visiting hours are over, receiving house census from nursing supervisors, other routine clerical/data entry tasks as requested.
5. Report status of console operation to relief when leaving switchboard, including pertinent information about hospital staff and events. Report system trouble to telephone technician as directed.
6. Provide back-up assistance to other departments as directed.
7. Operate other communication and emergency systems as required.
8. Dispatches requests for multiple services as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Experience working in a medical office/hospital setting preferred. Previous operator or switchboard and clerical experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills including high degree of courtesy
• Ability to maintain professional level of communication in a high stress fast paced environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
• Proficient computer/keyboarding skills required.
• Ability to make decisions without direct supervision
• Good spelling and penmanship
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the community please visit our homepage: www.careers.peacehealth.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.