PeaceHealth is seeking a Reimbursement Analyst for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $33.63, more depending on experience.
Supports assigned internal customers and their governmental regulatory reporting needs, completion of regulatory reports, and supporting and furthering their goals and priorities within the context of the goal and priorities of the organization. Assists in providing credible and understandable reimbursement analyses and guidance that enhance decision making of assigned internal customers. Serves as a resource for Medicare regulatory research and reimbursement analysis for new services, regulatory and legislative change, and strategic planning. Prepares interim Medicare and Medicaid cost reports and summarizes governmental reporting and reimbursement impact of regulatory changes.
- Completes reports for assigned areas that are mandated by governmental regulations and laws in compliance with regulatory requirements and maximize reimbursement under the respective governmental programs.
- Completes reimbursement analysis that facilitates and enhances the decision making of the customers and the projects.
- Facilitates Medicare regulatory changes affecting PeaceHealth at an entry level to ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and the timely billing of healthcare services to governmental and managed care payors.
- Provides recommendations for changing wage index reporting to enhance medical and Medicare Managed Care reimbursement.
- Provides summarized information that prepares the organization for upcoming Medicare and Medicaid changes.
- Monitors changes in the healthcare environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required; or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of one year Medicare reimbursement experience focusing on hospital regulatory reporting required.
- Public accounting firm or Medicare fiscal intermediary experience preferred.
- Current CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently and responsibly in a collaborative environment with multiple work demands and short time frames.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications. Strong working knowledge and aptitude for using various software applications.
- Ability to make objective assessments.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.