PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Manager for our bustling critical access hospital on the beautiful Oregon Coast!
**Relocation assistance available**
Are you passionate about patient experience, quality, efficiency, and safety outcomes? Do you see yourself as an engaged leader, collaborating with and developing your team, and working in a close-knit partnership with our providers? If so, we have an excellent leadership opportunity at Peace Harbor Medical Center in Florence, Oregon!
Why Choose PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Medical Center?
- Full-service critical access hospital serving rural communities in Lane County, Oregon recognized as Leader in Patient Safety Improvement (OPSC).
- Named one of the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in America (iVantage Health Analytics).
- State-of-the-art technology with continued expansion across all departments.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance.
- Requires at least five (5) years of applicable nursing experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated relevant leadership experience.
- An Oregon State RN license or ability to obtain
- BSN and/or MSN required.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Manages the coordination of activities on the nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s). Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care.
- Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments.
- Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability. Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Florence, Oregon is a coastal town boasting culture, beautiful natural surroundings, an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, and exceptional schools! Florence is known for its breathtaking beaches, rolling sand dunes, lakes, and picturesque historic downtown. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play. Ready to begin your adventure with PeaceHealth? We look forward to talking with you!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.