PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - ICU for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum 1 year or more of recent continuous critical care experience, completion of a critical care intern/ residency program, or 3 years in an acute care setting with 400 hours in a critical care unit within the previous year.
- Some postings may be for an internship position and the following criteria will apply to those postings: Experienced or new grad RNS. If new grad, the RN will also be required to participate in the Nurse Residency Program.
- WA State RN Licensure required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) within 12 months of hire.
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) certification preferred.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Southwest Medical Center:
ICU – Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP.Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures.Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting.Management of blood pressure abnomalities with parenteral vasoactive agents.Completion of complex neurological assessments/scales.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.