PeaceHealth is seeking a Full time Home Health Speech Pathologist. ** $5000 Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance available!**
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart’s expanding Home Health team is seeking a passionate Speech Pathologist to help our diverse patient population reach their goals! You will have the opportunity to work in the patient’s own environment engaging family and caregivers.
PeaceHealth proudly provides:
- Robust Benefits
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
Req ID# 1996
Responsible for evaluating and treating speech, language communicative, cognitive, and swallowing disorders with patients according to the principles and practices and within the scope of Speech and Language Pathology.Works as part of a team to restore function, prevent disability, and assist patients to maximize their potential and assists with smooth, efficient operation of the department, program development, and quality monitoring and marketing activities.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply criteria to determine if patient is a safe candidate for home care/hospice speech/language therapy services, and reviews and revises evaluations as clinically indicated.
- Establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation and team members.
- Provide skilled speech/language therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Documentation and recordkeeping in accordance regulatory and departmental standards.
- Perform skilled assessments and, as clinically indicated, modifies and coordinates the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, primary physician, cans manager and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluate the patient/home environment as related to the level of functional loss/ability and holistic healthcare needs and makes appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indication in collaboration with the case manager and the primary physician.
- Reassessment, updating of plan of care and discharging of patient, as appropriate.
- Participate in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities including training and supervising SLP students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate (MA or MS) or Doctorate of a Speech and Language Pathology program accredited by the American Speech and Hearing Association required.
- Current Speech Pathology license from state you will be practicing in
- Certificate of clinical competence in the area of Speech-Language Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA, AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of patients
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer skills required.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Minimum of two year experience as a Speech Pathologist required.
Oregon West Network – Peace Harbor:
Will accept new graduates/clinical fellow with designated clinical supervisor in place.
EUGENE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.