PeaceHealth is seeking a Courier for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.10, more depending on experience.
The Courier is responsible for the transport of specimens, reports and supplies.This position will prepare, deliver and pick up items in accordance with safety, health and laboratory guidelines to insure specimen integrity and quality patient care.The courier is a professional representative of the laboratory whose primary function is to provide excellent customer service.
- Operates a company vehicle on assigned route in a safe manner, wearing safety belt, adhering to all safety policies and practices.Responsible for obeying all traffic laws.
- Follows specific route schedule, picks up specimens, drug screens, and other related goods from designated areas within the clients office.May document details of items picked up on tracking sheet and delivers them to the lab in the time frame that ensures specimen stability.Communicates with laboratory and other couriers regarding additional pick-ups and deliveries.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies pertaining to security, confidentiality and privacy of items transported and disposal of items.
- Handles specimens according to required procedures, checks for defects, spills and special handling instructions. May sort and deliver medical reports, interdepartmental mail, and lab supplies according to assigned route.
- Responsible for monitoring vehicle performance and reporting maintenance problems and/or accidents immediately to Courier leadership. Also responsible for maintaining the exterior and interior cleanliness of the company vehicle.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience
- Five years automobile driving experience preferred.
- Maintenance of good personal and on-the job driving record for insurability
- Ability to work and drive safely in all weather conditions, including dusk, night, rain, sleet, ice and snow
- Ability to follow traffic laws, ordinances, and rules involved in motor vehicle operation
- Works in a vehicle and outdoors continuously (67 - 100%). with continuous (67 - 100%) exposure to weather conditions.
- Works frequently (34-66 %) inside an office, medical clinic or laboratory setting. The ability to frequently (34-66 %) stand and walk is required.
- The ability to frequently (34-66 %) sit is required. Frequent (34-66 %) handling of objects up to 20 pounds including lifting and carrying is required.
- Occasional (6 - 33%) lifting and carrying of up to 35 pounds is required. Intermittent (1-5%) lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds is required.
- Intermittent (1-5%) bending and stooping is required.
- Must have good manual dexterity of both hands and employ fine hand movements to continuously (67 - 100%) operate a vehicle, computer terminal keyboards and other items.
- Good corrected vision with the ability see at varying distances and at night is required.
- Tasks involve potential for exposure to blood or body fluids containing blood, or other potentially infectious materials, and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required.
- Occasionally (6 - 33%) handling or use of clinical laboratory reagents and chemicals is required.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.