PeaceHealth is seeking a PACS RIS Analyst - Imaging for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $36.99, more depending on experience.
Responsible for the implementation and day to day operations of all aspects of the Radiology Information System (RIS) and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the software and hardware systems that support the image storage and delivery systems for the Imaging modalities.
- Acts as a liaison in digital imaging initiatives within the Imaging department and other departments.
- Provides applications support of PACS equipment, including modality workflow, archiving, quality assurance of data and images, and other related activities.
- Works closely with the PACS team, Department Managers, and supervisors to ensure proper operation of DICOM digital image data transfer into the PACS, as well as, network transmission, RIS validation and exceptions handling.
- Works closely with IT to assure smooth operation between HIS/RIS/and PACS systems.
- Acts as first line resources for troubleshooting the system for optimum operation.
- Provides backup when necessary for other analyst positions for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school in one of the following disciplines: Radiology, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, CT or MRI preferred.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree preferred in an Imaging Specialty.
- PACS/RIS/HIS knowledge required.
- In-depth knowledge of Imaging and Cardiovascular processes and services required.
- Two years of related experience as a practicing technologist in Radiology, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, or Nuclear Medicine in a hospital environment preferred. Experience in supporting software applications required.
- Experience in supporting software applications is required.
- ImageCast/ LastWord/ CareCast experience preferred.
- Registration or registry eligible with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (A.R.R.T) preferred.
- Current Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained modality as required by the State is preferred.
- CPAS (certified PACS Associate) certification preferred.
- Strong modality operation background along with workflow knowledge and assessment abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Will have exposure to dim lighting approx 3 hours per day to review images.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.