$2,000 sign on bonus
PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN Chronic Disease Coordinator in the Care Management dept. Hourly compensation starts at $26.31, more depending on experience. This role involves telephonic coordination of care, transitions of care and post-hospital/ED follow up.
Direct patient care is a small part of the overall responsibility.
Coordinates integrated care delivery across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes through the implementation of health and disease management programs. Functions as a core member of the interdisciplinary care team and may fulfill several roles and responsibilities within scope of practice.
- Coordinates and integrates care of selected populations by managing chronic disease registries and conducting outreach using various program delivery methods. Evaluates reports and acts on outlier databased on criteria set forth by the PHMG Quality Committee and/or appropriate regional disease management program and/or performance improvement committee(s).
- Under Care Manager supervision, case manages a panel of patients, including implementing care plans and utilizing tracking tools, coaching for activation, providing education, patient/family support and coordinating with other care providers and resources.
- Works with discharge planners and coordinates transitions of care, arranging warm handoffs between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
- Performs initial health screening per established protocols, resolves patient inquires within scope, and escalates patient inquiries beyond scope to RN Care Manager via warm handoff.
- Participates as a proactive team member of a patient-centered medical home, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age-specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Two years of experience in an outpatient care setting for LPNs preferred.
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Experience or training in motivational interviewing or coaching for activation preferred.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
- Current unencumbered LPN license in Washington state.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including basic understanding of motivational interviewing techniques
- Strong writing skills
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to adhere to quality, safety and infection control standards
- Ability to manage personal growth, taking initiative to meet challenges within the team care environment
- Effective prioritization skills
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.