Job ID: 2953
Location: Longview, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Polysomnographic Technologist - Sleep Center for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
Works under the general supervision of the clinical director (M.D., D.O., or PhD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education. A Polysomnographic Technologist can perform the duties defined for a Polysomnographic Technician and may provide oversight of other staff.
1. Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
2. Respond to study participant’s procedural-related inquires by providing appropriate information to testing procedure.
3. Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
4. Administers bedtime, morning, and quality assurance questionnaires to aid in patient evaluation.
5. Performs equipment set up, calibration, and patient hookup in a timely and efficient manner and according to department procedures.
6. Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions.Recognize sleep/wake stages and events by applying professionally accepted guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. John Medical Center:
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.