PeaceHealth currently has a part-time Clinical Nurse Educator role available with a labor & delivery focus. This is a .6 FTE Day shift position working 24 hours per week. In this network position, you will primarily support clinical education for the 12 LDRP Birth Center at St. John Medical Center in Longview, with some occasional travel to our Southwest Medical Center campus in Vancouver, WA.
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center serving a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Acts as a Clinical Education generalist or may be assigned to a specific unit(s)/department. Works in collaboration with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists within the network and across the system to develop, coordinate and implement nursing, nursing support and inter-professional orientation, in-service education and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Facilitates professional growth, skill development, competency and attainment of standards of care for direct care within patient care services, PHMG and or Ambulatory care Services.Serves as a leader and role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes.
- Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing, professional practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
- Assists in the design and implementation of nursing education programs, activities or new process/equipment using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, templates and course documentation forms.
- Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
- Coordinates and provides department-specific orientation for newly hired nursing and clinical staff.
- Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
- Evaluates competency and identifies team or individual caregiver performance gaps.
- Designs learning experiences and action plans to assist those requiring remediation to meet competency expectations.
- Researches best practice to promote evidence-based practice.
- Assesses caregiver engagement, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness to achieve clinical excellence.
- Ensures training and competency are documented using standard tools and learning management systems (LMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated:
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- MSN or M.Ed. preferred.
- Nursing specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of three Labor & Delivery RN experience.
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in an education or in an equivalent Preceptor role setting to varied audiences.
- Current Washington State Registered Nurse license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- NRP required within 12 months.
- Certification in Nursing Specialty or Nursing Professional Development is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement instructional modules and use a variety of educational methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
- Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Hourly wage range begins at $44.76, more depending upon experience, full benefit package is also available. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.