PeaceHealth Sacred Heart’s Home Health team is seeking a passionate Physical Therapy Assistant to help our diverse patient population reach their goals! You will have the opportunity to work in the patient’s own environment engaging family and caregivers.
Our multi-disciplinary Home Health team consists of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, RN’s, Medical Social Workers, Registered Dietitians and Bath Aides.Our dynamic team meets regularly providing the opportunity to collaborate with supportive peers to coordinate care and achieve optimal outcomes.
Live, work and play in Eugene/Springfield, which is tucked in the lush Willamette Valley, just one hour from the coast and the mountains. We enjoy mild weather, and are the third largest metropolitan area in Oregon. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of much larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival.
Responsible for carrying out the physical therapy plan of care, toward patient-specific goals, under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Provides treatment to restore function, prevent disability and assist patients to achieve optimal levels of functional status. Provides oversight to students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
- Under the supervision of the physical therapist, provides skilled physical therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the plan of treatment.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients.May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to physical therapy assistant students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant associate degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board.For positions in Oregon, a temporary permit is acceptable under the rules set forth by the Oregon State Board of Physical Therapy.A temporary permit shall be allowed for a period not to exceed three months.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and exercise independent judgment
REGIONAL / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart – Home Health Services (Eugene) and Peace Harbor – Home Health Services (Florence) locations:
- Required one-year experience in an inpatient setting, with home health/geriatric experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
SACRED HEART PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.