PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Technician II for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.27, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for performing direct patient care activities within his/her scope of practice under the direction of Physician in the Emergency Department.They will assist the nursing staff in providing high quality and compassionate care for patients to promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all member of the care delivery team.
- Participate in patient care in collaboration with and supervised by RN: which may include vital signs; IV starts; blood draws; document on flow sheet; communicate with patient and family; set-up and assist with procedures; clean and dress wounds; splinting; assist with airway management; initiate cardiac monitoring; may be required to perform emergency defibrillation; point of care testing; patient transport; patient discharge.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member.Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.Room set-up.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
- Document patient care in health care record according to standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- OR:Graduate of EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic certification course required.
- Experience in the pre-hospital or emergency department setting preferred.
- Successful completion of ED orientation/training and standard competencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- OREGON ONLY: Current state EMT-Intermediate (EMT—I) or EMT-Paramedic (EMT-P) certification required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Completion of ED specific competency-based education
- IV Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – PEACE HARBOR
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.