PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Employee Health for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.52, more depending on experience.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable.Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of one year experience in a medical office preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- For clinic locations where caregiver will be performing both Medical Assistant and Diagnostic Technician functions:
- Current Limited X-Ray licensure/permit in state of practice required at date of hire.
- Must meet qualifications and perform essential functions of Diagnostic Technician job profile in addition to those for the Medical Assistant.
Bellingham, PIMC and United General:
- National certification required upon hire or within 6 months of hire.
- State licensure and national certification must be maintained.
PHMG and SJMC - Bellingham, PIMC and Sedro/Burlington:
- National Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.