PeaceHealth is seeking a Home Health Aide for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.92, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for performing personal care and household delegated tasks for home health/hospice patients and providing limited nursing care and therapy services to the patients under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse and may receive guidance from a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist as outlined in the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
- Perform patient care duties/tasks as outlined on the patient specific home health/hospice care plan.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include:CPR; taking and recording vital signs; change non-sterile dressings; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; assist patient with taking oral medications as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may including:bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; assistance with bed pans and/or urinals; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed.May assist with use of special equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchair, cane).
- Assist with meal preparations and/or feeding, change bed linen and perform light housekeeping when outlined on the patient’s care plan.
- Provide accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Takes prompt action in response to changes in patient’s health condition and notifies registered nurse/ therapist case manager and/or Patient Care Manager in a timely manner.
- Provides services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population; and given area of clinical specialty, skills and training, may also provide services to pediatric population.
- Effectively communicates with patients, caregivers, RN/therapist case manager, Patient Care Manager and other members of the inter/multidisciplinary team to assure an appropriate, quality and smooth flow of are/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provides accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of two years CNA and or Home Health Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital or home care setting required.Home Health experience is preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Nurse Aide certification as required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Ability to care for patients in a wide variety of environments
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Washington – Southwest:
Food Handler’s card required at date of hire.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.