PeaceHealth is seeking a Accountant - Foundation for a Full Time, Day position.
Performs professional accounting in preparation, analysis and auditing of financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.Prepares complex reports, maintains accounts, analyzes financial data and develops procedures to achieve more efficient record keeping or to improve current operations.
- Develops, set up and reconciles accounting systems, to track activity and produce reports
- Develops, set up and maintains reporting systems, collects and reports statistics, produces daily, bi-weekly and monthly reports.Ensures quality content of data; provides interpretation of data and advises as to implications and makes recommendations for adjustments as appropriate
- Assists with business plans, projects and conducts financial analysis
- Assists with monthly closing and financial statement preparation
- Assists with audits, and works with key stakeholders to ensure financial systems run efficiently and effectively
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial monitoring systems for standards of refinement performance monitoring and monthly profit/loss
- Develops costs standards, overhead allocation methodologies and maintains reconciliation, review and audit processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
- Three years accounting experience required
- Healthcare accounting experience preferred
- Active CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification is preferred
- Ability to work long hours during critical periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Reimbursement Accounting:Assists with the development and maintenance of analyzing various reimbursement data from both governmental and non-governmental payers.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.