PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Planned Giving for a Full Time, Day position.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Responsible for creating a comprehensive planned giving program and serving in a senior fundraising
and administrative role for all Planned Giving programs conducted by PeaceHealth.
- Develops, monitors and updates a comprehensive one-year and long-range strategic plan, including measurable goals and objectives for the system level planned giving program.
- Ensures organizational planning and alignment across all PeaceHealth foundations.
- Creates and maintains best practices, policies, and procedures for planned gifts.
- Works with foundation leaders to assess fund raising needs, current, local and national issues and comparative data factors related to activities for keys for success.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs fundraising efforts that focus on gifts of planned gifts of $100,000 and more from individuals.
- Working with local foundation caregivers, assists in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding current and prospective donors who have the ability to execute a major/planned gift and formulates individualized solicitation strategies for planned giving prospects.
- Partners with donor’s advisers to provide donors with legal and tax information regarding bequests and life income gifts.
- Works with PeaceHealth’s legal department to draft and review gift illustrations and legal documents.
- Ensures implementation of systems to avoid potential litigation risks related to planned, giving.
- Identifies, cultivates, and educates financial professionals (attorneys, financial/estate planners, realtors) about PeaceHealth and its mission.
- Oversees and ensures quality of all mailings, publications, and/or web sites internally and/or externally that are related to planned giving.
- Oversees and manages the staff for a planned giving program includes recruitment, coaching, development, training and performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, fundraising or related field required.
- MBA or JD preferred
- Certified as a Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in
- planned giving, ideally in a mission driven healthcare
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- A proven track record of fundraising success
- Ability to successfully manage a multi-unit, complex environment,
- resulting in significant improved development performance and growth
- Ability to lead and manage a team who reside in multiple localities
- Entrepreneurial team player who has a commitment to and
- passion for the mission of PeaceHealth
- Possesses the qualities of integrity, industry, and curiosity
- Energy level must ensure high quality productivity on a timely