This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3100
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 10 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist for a full-time position at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. Join our surgery team working 10 hour shifts in our 18 state-of-art Surgery Suites performing ortho, neuro, vascular, thoracic, general, plastics, ENT, eyes, and open heart surgeries at our level II trauma center hospital.
We offer a $5000 sign-on bonus, a competitive wage and benefits, and a relocation bonus is available. Hourly compensation starts at $24.37, more depending on experience.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital, located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area. Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
1. Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
2. Understand and apply the principles of asepsis.Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
3. Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
4. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation.Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
5. Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
6. Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.