PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Home Health for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending on experience.
Newly hired caregivers to PeaceHealth are eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
Provide patient care by assessing, analyzing, planning, implementing and evaluating patients following the nursing process and established standards. Participate as a member of the healthcare team by communicating and documenting pertinent patient information and providing patient and family teaching.
- Perform and document age-appropriate assessment, including fall risk, skin care, patient/family level of participation and ability to perform care according to identified standards. Assess bio-psycho-social status, economic, environmental, cultural, spiritual, community and other factors affecting the patient’s return to optimal health. Establish and maintain a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health team members including individualized goals, outcomes and education and modify or continue plan based on the patient response.
- Implement nursing and medical interventions using appropriate resources, skills and knowledge. Make suggestions regarding appropriate referrals to resources. Provide patient and family teaching about patient condition, care needs and procedures to be performed. Evaluate effects of care provided and identify changes in patient condition.
- Communicate and document interventions, patient responses in accordance with standards. Utilize recognized organization communication standard.
- Consistently adhere to medication administration policies and procedures. Demonstrate understanding of effects/side effects and combination effects of medications. Resolve medication discrepancies as they occur.
- Delegate only those tasks that are appropriate within the scope of practice of other healthcare providers. Retain the responsibility and accountability for the nursing care of the patient.
- Identify patient and family teaching needs. Involve appropriate family members in teaching. Utilize available education resources.
- Maintain and update knowledge of and is responsive to the laws and regulations which affect his/her practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum two years current experience in medical/surgical or long-term care nursing experience.
- Minimum one year Home Health or Hospice nursing experience (or equivalent education and/or experience) preferred.
- Minimum two years Home Health nursing experience with at least one year as Home Health Case Manager preferred.
- WA State RN Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is insured to state regulations and is in good running order.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- General knowledge of patient assessment and care and documentation and regulations related to home care nursing.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
PHSW – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.