PeaceHealth is seeking a Child Care Attendant - Child Care Center for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.12, more depending on experience.
Under the direction of the manager/supervisor, this position assists in providing for the physical, emotional and instructional needs of infant, toddler, and school-age children.This may include tasks such as dressing, feeding, providing basic instruction and overseeing play.
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in planning and implementing child activity programs that follow established guidelines.
- Assists in providing for all basic needs of the children at the center.
- Demonstrates concern for the personal differences between individuals in relationship to their needs, interests, development and capabilities.
- Orients parents/family members in regard to policies and procedures of center and maintains positive rapport with all parents and patrons.
- Participates in continuing education to ensure caregiver effectiveness and to maintain certification/
- Ensures safe play conditions and follows established safety procedures.
- Provides a clean, well maintained and safe play area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Course work in Early Childhood Education or completion of Child Development Associate preferred.
- One year experience working with children in a day care, elementary school or similar setting preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED Certification required with specific training in CPR for infants and children.
- Knowledge of basic child care and feeding, as well as understanding of infant and child development
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with children, staff and parents
- Computer experience preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions
- Ability to move and react quickly to a variety of circumstances
ALASKA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail for 34-65% of the work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.