This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2917
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Applications Developer for a Full Time, Day position.
JOB SUMMARY Designs, implements and maintains data collection, integration and storage tools. Develops new applications not provided by software vendors, customization of vendor-supplied systems and development to further integrate a mix of vendor-supplied and internally developed applications and databases.
1. Designs, tests, install and upgrades production relational databases and accompanying applications.
2. Develops and maintains logical and physical entity/relationship data models and implement model schemas within standard database technologies. Plans and conducts structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance
3. Conducts analysis of application environments, document requirements, and defines technical architecture. Develops customizations and tailoring of applications and databases, knowledgeably coordinates details across a variety of teams. May serve as an application consultant in defining systems to achieve objectives for technical and application support.
4. Plans and conducts periodic application performance monitoring to ensure general response times meet customer expectations. Performs routine or customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure database environments are stable and capable of meeting on-going business needs.
5. Works collaboratively with key stakeholders to maintain application development standards, monitor standards for consistent usage and help other move towards standards.
6. Develops tools as appropriate to support application initiatives using knowledge of content management tools and concepts.
7. Researches new technologies, recommends upgrades, enhancements, etc. and assist with the implementation of new technologies.
8. Performs security audits for regulatory or legal compliance including HIPPAA internal policies, etc.
9. Responds to system emergencies, downtimes, etc. Facilitates additional support capabilities with HID as appropriate.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, relevant field. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree
• Experience/knowledge to develop interactive database applications required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience using Windows (and components such as IIS, etc.) Office, web editors, iSeries web environments, and other tools used for web-based and client/server applications.
• Minimum of 2 years experience with web and application server capabilities for various platforms such as Windows, AS/400, Tandem, etc.
• Experience and/or knowledge with server platforms (hardware and software) and configurations, including but not limited to services such as Microsoft’s Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft Index Server, IBM web frameworks, WebSphere, APACHE, Secure Sockets Layer, use of Outlook/Exchange within the framework of web pages/site(s), electronic commerce, etc.
• Experience/knowledge of relational and object-oriented databases and structures.
• Experience with data modeling, logical and physical database design is preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the community please visit our homepage: www.careers.peacehealth.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.